Leica has released a new firmware update for the Leica T (Typ 701) mirrorless compact camera. Firmware version 1.2 for Leica T (Typ 701) is now available for download.
Leica T Typ 701 firmware update 1.2 list of the added new features can be seen below.
Leica T Typ 701 Firmware Update V1.2 Now Available for Download
Leica T Typ 701 Firmware Update V1.2 Details
- Dial Lock: the soft dials can be locked and unlocked by doing a long tap gesture on the respective dial icon
- Switch Live view Still and Video: the video recording live view can now be shown prior recording by doing a horizontal swipe over the live view display
- Touch AF + Auslösen: im Menüpunkt Autofokus Modus ist die neue Funktion Touch AF + Auslösen implementiert. Eine einfache Berührung führt zur Scharfstellung und anschließender Auslösung
- Playback in EVF: the playback mode is now also available in the EVF. It shows the still images in playback mode and also flipping through the single images is possible; zoom in as well as playback of video is not available
- Digiscoping Scene Menu: the newly available Digiscoping adapter for the Leica T enables to use the camera for Digiscoping. In order to make it even more
- comfortable for our Digiscoping enthusiast we implemented a dedicated scene mode for this application
- Auto Review: an “Off” functionality is added to the “Auto Review” function (Note: the playback time is reduced to a minimum, but cannot be completely removed)
- Zoom Function Play back: In playback the zoom in zoom out function is simplified: a simple double tap on the image triggers a 30% zoom in, a further double tap zooms back to full screen again
- Reset: the current Wi-Fi Settings & User Profiles can be kept even after reset
- Wi-Fi: the re-connection time to known Wi-Fi networks has been shortened
- Keyboard: typing handling has been improved by re-adjusting and scaling the keyboard design
- Soft Dial indication: the indication of the adjusted soft dial is improved via new icon design
- Exposure Compensation indication: the neutral EV0 setting is now indicated also the in the info bar
- Flash indication: if due to short shutter speed time the flash cannot be released even though it is set to forced on the “flash not possible” icon is shown while half pressing the shutter release button for indication
- Automatic monitor brightness: the steps within the brightness adjustment of the “Automatic Monitor brightness” have been minified, therefore the transitions are more smooth the viewer’s eye
- Bug fixes & general performance improvements
You can download the Leica T Typ 701 firmware update 1.2 from Leica’s support website.