Hasselblad announced a new Wi-Fi enabled H5D-50c medium format camera.
The H5D-50c with Wi-Fi makes it possible for users to fully control the camera and browse/view images on iPhone/iPad on location via Phocus Mobile software, without the need for a computer.
The Hasselblad H5D-50c CMOS Wi-Fi also features a ‘Live View’ function, allowing photographers to see and zoom in on a live image on the rear LCD even when the camera is untethered.
Hasselblad Announces Wi-Fi Enabled H5D-50c Medium Format Camera
Hasselblad is set to showcase prototypes of its brand new H5D-50c Wi-Fi medium format camera at photokina (Hall 02.1: Stands A021 – B020)
The new model – a feature-rich upgrade to the H5D-50c CMOS unit launched earlier this year – provides photographers with more freedom than ever before, thanks to an innovative Wi-Fi module.
The H5D-50c with Wi-Fi makes it possible for users to fully control the camera and browse/view images on iPhone/iPad on location via Phocus Mobile software, without the need for a computer. It also features a ‘Live View’ function, allowing photographers to see and zoom in on a live image on the rear LCD even when the camera is untethered.
The new model will be available first in Europe at the end of November and will retail at €21,400 excl. tax.
Michele Channer, Hasselblad International Sales Director said: “When we launched the new H5D-50c CMOS camera earlier this year we promised photographers ultimate image quality, regardless of lighting conditions. Now we have developed a unique Wi-Fi upgrade for this camera enabling photographers to work unplugged but still very much connected.”
She added: “Now users can enjoy total freedom – direct camera control and image browsing, without a computer in sight. Our innovative ‘Live View’ functionality is another first for us. Previously photographers could not directly see at the back what they could see through the lens.
And of course this new model boasts all the functionality of its sibling, including a 50Mpixel CMOS sensor and excellent high ISO performance at up to ISO 6400.”
New features on the H5D-50c with Wi-Fi include:
- Wi-Fi: Control the camera and browse/ view images on iPhone or iPad, even on location.
- Live View: See a live image on the rear LCD even when the camera is untethered.
- Capture rate: The capture rate now enables 50 captures per minute.
- Longest exposure time: The longest shutter speed is now 34 minutes. And no extra black exposure is necessary.
- Film: Now you can use film magazines on the H5D-50c.
- Spirit level: Employ the built-in electronic spirit level even in tethered mode.
- Display modes: Select different display modes even when the camera is tethered.
- ISO and White Balance: Settings now available on viewfinder display.
Between January and March 2015 Hasselblad is offering photographers the opportunity to upgrade their H5D-50c model for the new Wi-Fi version for €500.
All new features (except Wi-Fi) will be available to H5D-50c and CFV-50c owners as a firmware upgrade shortly after the photokina trade show event.