First image of the upcoming Zeiss Loxia 50mm f/2.0 Planar E-mount Full Frame lens have been leaked on the web along with first set of specifications.
As previously mentioned Zeiss is rumored to introduce a new series of lenses, called Loxia. The first Zeiss Loxia prime lenses will be a 35mm f/2.0 and 50mm f/2.0 aimed at Sony E-mount mirrorless cameras with full frame image sensors (A7S, A7R, A7) .
Both the Zeiss Loxia 35mm f/2 and 50mm f/2 are manual focusing lenses and will have a physical aperture ring and electronic aperture control.
Zeiss Loxia 50mm f/2.0 Planar Lens First Specs and Image Leaked
Zeiss Loxia 50mm f/2.0 Rumored Specifications
- Planar design with 6 lens elements in 4 groups
- Focal length: 50mm
- Aperture range: f/2.0–f/22
- Elements/groups: 6/4
- Focusing range m/ft: 0.45–∞/1.48–∞
- Field angle: (diag./horiz./vert.) 46.78°/39.38°/26.70°
- Coverage: mm/inch 255.1 x 168.3/10.04 x 6.63
The new Zeiss Loxia lenses will be unveiled at Photokina 2014 for Sony FE full-frame mirrorless cameras.