Sony A5100 mirrorless camera first image and full specifications leaked ahead of the announcement. The Sony a5100 APS-C E-mount will be announced on August 19th.
The new model Sony ILCE-5100 (α5100) camera will be the successor of the current A5000 and replace the existing model. The mirrorless camera will borrow the sensor and the autofocus system from the A6000. We can say the A5100 will be a A6000 camera without EVF and sure lower price tag.
The A5100 specs to feature a 24.3-megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor and the camera will be able to focus in only 0.06 seconds. These are the full specs and images of the Sony A5100.
Sony A5100 Mirrorless Camera First Image & Specifications Leaked
Sony A5100 Mirrorless Camera Rumored Specifications
- 24.3 MP APS-C sensor
- Full HD, XAVC-S, AVCHD and MP4 video recording
- Max bit rate is 50MPs in XAVC-S
- Hybrid AF (same as A6000) with 179 AF points (25 of them are contrast AF points)
- 3 inch and 920.000 dot Touch LCD. 180 degree tiltable
- 1/4000-30 sec shutter. 1/60 syncro. Electronic front curtain shutter
- ISO 100–25,600
- Built in Flash
- Wi-Fi and NFC
- APP support
- SD card
- The battery is the NP-FW50. 400 shoots autonomy
- The size is 109.6mm x 62.8mm x35.7mm
- 224 g Weight (body only)
The official announcement for the Sony A5100 mirrorless camera is set for August 19 and coming before the Photokina 2014 show, which will start in September.