Nikon has released new firmware updates for several Nikon DX and FX-format DSLR cameras. The new firmware updates for Nikon digital SLR camera now available for download through links at support pages.
Nikon D4s firmware update version C:1.10 includes compatibility issues and several bug fxes. See below for what’s new in this firmware version.
Nikon Released New Firmware Updates for D90, D7000, D7100, D600, D610 and D4s
Nikon D4S Firmware Update Version C:1.10 Details
- When SPORT VR mode, built into the AF-S NIKKOR 400mm f/2.8E FL ED VR, is selected, the same continuous shooting rate available when OFF is selected is now possible.
- When memory cards with capacities greater than 128 GB were formatted with the camera, they were formatted using the FAT32 file system. They are now formatted using the exFAT file system.
- Operation has been changed so that when menus are displayed during movie live view and the movie-record button is pressed, the menu display disappears and display returns to movie live view. To begin movie recording, press the movie-record button again.
- The Zoom on/off option for playback mode with Custom Setting f1: Multi Selector Center Button can now be used to zoom-in on images with zoom display centered on the active focus point, even if they were captured with live view photography. However, the focus point will not be displayed.
- The Help explanation provided for the Preset focus point option under Custom Setting f19: Lens Focus Function Buttons has been revised.
- The following issues have been resolved.
– When NEF (RAW) recording > Image size in the shooting menu was set to RAW S (Small), the number of shots possible with uninterrupted shooting (buffer capacity, C-REM) displayed by the camera differed depending upon the NEF (RAW) recording > NEF (RAW) bit depth setting selected.
– When Camera Control Pro 2 was used to take pictures with Record to set to PC+CARD, and Secondary slot function in the camera’s shooting menu set to Overflow, the shutter could not be released when the memory card in the primary slot became full.
– When Image review in the playback menu was set to On, images were sometimes not displayed in the monitor when the shutter was released while exposure meters were off.
– When images were output to an HDMI device, resolution seemed insufficient with display in full-frame playback mode (did not apply to playback zoom display).
– When images, captured with Image review in the playback menu set to On, and Auto distortion control in the shooting menu set to On, were automatically displayed in the monitor immediately after capture, auto distortion control was sometimes not applied.
– When the multiple exposure function was used to capture images with Image review in the playback menu set to On, and Auto distortion control in the shooting menu set to On, auto distortion control was not applied to the recorded images.
– When an image to which an image comment had been added was copied to White balance > Preset manual, only the first 24 characters of the image comment were copied.
– If log-in to the FTP server failed when network settings were applied with Wired LAN selected for Network > Choose hardware in the camera’s setup menu, and FTP upload selected as the connection type and IP address acquisition set toObtain automatically with the Connection Wizard, the IP address displayed when the camera tried again to obtain it automatically was “000.000.000.000″.
– When a movie recorded at a frame rate of 30p, 25p, or 24p was played back on a TV to which the camera was connected via HDMI with HDMI > Output resolution in the the camera’s setup menu set to 1080p (progressive), display on the TV was distorted.
– When a file containing an IPTC preset (IPTC information) that included double-byte characters in its profile was copied to the camera, the camera froze when attempting to view the contents of the IPTC preset.
– When Add items was selected for My Menu, OK was displayed even for items that cannot be added.
– When Language in the setup menu was set to Arabic, text and icons in some menu displays overlapped, and text was positioned too far to the right.
Nikon D90, D7000, D7100, D600, D610 Firmware Update Details
- Support for distortion control data Ver. L: 2.000 and later has been added.
Camera firmware must be updated before distortion control data can be updated to Ver. L: 2.000 or later.