Hasselblad has introduced a new multi-shot camera called the Hasselblad H5D-200c Multi-Shot.
The new H5D 200c camera which is an improved version of the H5D 200ms, uses the Sony 50MP medium format sensor and has a unique feature which allows to take 200 megapixel pictures!
The new H5D-200c MS utilises Hasselblad’s patented piezo frame module, which captures a series of shots of the same subject and combines them into a 200-megapixel file.
The main difference is the Hasselblad H5D-200c MS has a CMOS chip instead of a CCD, which offers a much wider sensitivity range and exposure times as long as 12 minutes. Pricing and availability to be confirmed.
Hasselblad H5D-200c MS Officially Announced
Hasselblad Product Description
Hasselblad has raised the bar yet again concerning the capture of super high-quality images. It builds on the achievements and success of multi-shot capture technology with the H5D-50MS and the liberating characteristics of the H5D-50c – the worlds first CMOS medium format camera. The H5D-200c MS MS takes stilllife studio photography to mind blowing moiré free 200Mpix resolution. Six shot ‘microstep technology’ takes maximum advantage of everything the HC lenses have to offer, which is a very great deal in itself, and combines it with the latest CMOS capabilities to produce a quality that is hard to believe is possible. From fine cars to miniature artworks and from delicate fabrics to diamonds – or quite simply where only the best reproduction is acceptable – the 200Mpix multi-shot image offers true color and moiré free capture, providing an astonishing level of detail. As if that was not enough, this camera still claims all the advantages of the H5D line – True Focus, Ultra Focus, Digital Lens Correction plus being able to shoot regardless of lighting conditions as a result of the very high ISO settings that are capable of unforeseen high quality with remarkably little noise. These top of the range features make the H5D-200c MS such an outstanding camera choice – a studio workhorse to produce unsurpassable quality in a controlled environment to doubling up as a top flight, hand held single-shot camera for shots on the move. Versatility was always a Hasselblad cornerstone and remains so.
This is the camera that leaves all the others behind.
Hasselblad H5D-200c MS Camera Specifications
- Camera Type: H5D-50c & 200c Multi-Shot
- Sensor Size: 50 Mpixels CMOS (6200 x 8272)
- Sensor Dimensions: 43.8 x 32.9mm
- Image Size: H5D-50c MS: RAW 3FR capture 75/250MB on average. TIFF 8 bit: 150/500MB H5D-200c MS: RAW 3FR capture 75/250/400MB. TIFF 8 bit: 150/150/600MB
- File Format: Lossless compressed Hasselblad 3FR Lenses:
- Shutter Speed Range: 12 min. to 1/800 sec.
- ISO Speed Range: ISO 100, 200, 400, 800, 1600, 3200 & 6400
- Colour Definition: 16 bit Colour Management: Hasselblad Natural Colour Solution
- Focusing: Autofocus metering with passive central cross-type sensor. True Focus with ImmediateFocus Confirm (IFC). Instant manual focus override. Metering range EV1 to 19 at ISO 100
- Viewfinder Options: HVD 90x: 90° eye-level viewfinder w. dioptre adjustment (-5 to +3. 5D). Image magnification 3.1 times. Integral fill-flash (G.No. 12 @ ISO100). Hot shoe for SCA3002-system flashes from Metz™
- HV 90x: 90° eye-level viewfinder w. dioptre adjustment (-4 to +2.5D). Image magnification 2.7 times. Integral fill-flash (G.No. 12 @ ISO100). Hotshoe for SCA3002-system flashes from Metz™
- HV 90x-II: 90° eye-level viewfinder w. dioptre adjustment (-4 to +2.5D). Image magnification 2.7 times. Integral fill-flash (G.No. 12 @ ISO100). Hotshoe for SCA3002-system fl ashes from Metz™
- HVM: Waist-level viewfinder. Image magnification 3.2 times
- CF Storage Capacity: 8GB CF card holds 120 images on average
- Storage Options: CF card type U-DMA (e.g. SanDisk Extreme Pro) or tethered to Mac or PC
- Software: Phocus for Mac and Windows (included). Adobe®Photoshop®Lightroom® (included)
- Tethered Operation: Supported in Phocus by Hasselblad and Hasselblad Tethered plug-in for Adobe®Photoshop®Lightroom® Platform Support:Macintosh: OS x 10.5 and later. Windows: XP, Vista, Windows 7 (from version 2.8 64 bit only), Windows 8
- Host Connection Type: FireWire 800 (IEEE1394b). Thunderbolt supported via optional adapters. View Camera Compatibility:Mechanical shutters controlled via flash sync. Electronic shutters can be controlled from Phocus. Optional Battery Adapter for stand-alone operation of digital capture unit.
- Exposure Metering: Metering options: Spot, Centre Weighted and CentreSpot.
- Metering range Spot: EV2 to 21, CentreSpot: EV1 to 21 Power Supply:Rechargeable Li-ion battery (7.2 VDC/2900 mAh). Optional Battery Adapterfor stand-alone operation of digital capture unit.
- Operating Temperature: 0-45°C/32-113°F
- Dimensions (Complete camera with HC80mm lens) (WxHxD):153 x 131 x 205mm
- Weight (Complete camera with HC80mm lens):2500g
Like the H5D 50c the multi-shot models feature on-grip controls, a shutter speed range of 12 minutes to 1/800sec, a maximum frame rate of 1.5fps and are compatible with the company’s 12 H series lenses.
The H5D 200c MS will cost £29,895 plus tax, while the H5D 50c MS will be £23,895 plus tax. The standard H5D 50c costs £18,700. (We will update with US pricing when available).
For more information visit: http://www.hasselblad.co.uk