Sony has launched the 4K-ready PXW-X70, the first compact XDCAM professional camcorder ever produced. Sony XDCAM PXW-X70 is a “business” camcorder with a 1″-type sensor and 12x optical zoom.
Sony XDCAM PXW-X70 camcorder features a 1” type Exmor R CMOS Sensor with a resolution of 20 megapixels and can record High Definition in XAVC Long GOP, enabling 4:2:2 10-bit sampling at 50 Mbit/s. The specs list also include a 29-348mm equivalent Carl Zeiss T* lens and the camcorder weighs in at 1.4kg and measures 180.9×287×130.3mm.
Supporting multiple video recording formats, the Sony XDCAM PXW-X70 features an XLR terminal, dual memory card slots as well as HDMI and 3G-SDI interfaces. In addition, the Sony XDCAM PXW-X70 has an integrated Wi-Fi module and supports NFC, making it possible to control the camera via your smartphone.
Sony have also promised an update in the coming months that will give the X70 the ability to record in 4K UHD ( 3840×2160), with file transferring, and live video streaming capabilities.
The PXW-X70 is expected to be available in October 2014, no word as yet on price.
Sony Launched XDCAM PXW-X70 Camcorder
Sony XDCAM PXW-X70 Features
- 1” type Exmor® R CMOS Sensor and Carl Zeiss Vario Sonnar T* lens for stunning picture quality. High sensitivity and fantastic resolution with 14.2 million effective pixels delivers striking detail and colours, even in low light conditions. The lens offers a 12x Optical Zoom, which can be increased to 24x with Clear Image Zoom while retaining full resolution thanks to Super Resolution Technology. Zoom performance can be doubled at any point with a Digital Extender by up to 48x.
- Compact, lightweight XDCAM camcorder packed with adaptable professional functions. The PXW-X70 weighs less than 1.4kg, including the XLR handle unit, battery (NP-FV70), lens hood and large eye-cup. It offers professional interfaces such as 3G-SDI and HDMI output connectors plus a removable handle unit incorporating 2 x XLR inputs and a zoom control. Other professional features include a manual lens ring that can intuitively control zoom and focus, ergonomic palm grip with large zoom lever, two SD memory card slots for backup, simultaneous and relay recording, and a three-level switchable ND filter.
- Breadth of recording format capabilities. Provides multiple choices depending on application required, including XAVC, AVCHD and DV® file-based recording. When recording in XAVC, the PXW-X70 uses the MXF file format, efficiently compressing full HD (1920 x 1080) resolution using the MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 CODEC. Image sampling is 4:2:2 10-bit with high-efficiency Long-GOP compression at 50 Mbps, 35 Mbps or 25 Mbps.
- Built-in Wi-Fi control functionality for monitoring and remote control versatility. Near Field Communication functions enable easy, one-touch wireless LAN connection to a smartphone or tablet, while the Content Browser Mobile application allows confirmation of shot angles and operation of the camcorder by remote, including field angle setting, spot focus and iris adjustment.
- Upcoming announcements to add even greater, future-proof functionality. Sony is set to make upgrades to 4K and file transfer and streaming by Wi-Fi functions available for the PXW-X70 in the coming months.
via Sony Japan