Olympus to announce the PEN E-PL7 Micro Four Thirds camera soon. Olympus PEN E-PL7 specificatons confirmed from a Japanese source.
This is going to be a usual PEN update happens in every year and it will be a replacement for the E-PL6 model.
The new E-PL7 Micro Four Thirds camera most likely the only camera from Olympus at Photokina 2014. The other rumored MFT camera may be just a Silver E-M1 edition.
As previously posted, the Olympus PEN E-PL7 price is expected to be ¥66,000 (around $650). The new model will be available in black, silver and white colors.
Olympus PEN E-PL7 Specifications Confirmed
Here are the full Olympus E-PL7 Micro Four Thirds camera specifications.
- 16MP Live MOS sensor
- New ISO LOW 100 setting
- TruePic VII’s image processing engine
- 81 AF points
- 8 frames per second continuous shooting
- 3.0″ 1,040,000 dots LCD touchscreen with 3:02 aspect ratio (rotatable to 180° down)
- 3 axis VCM image stabilization
- New “vintage” and “part color” art filter
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- New smart phone app
- Dimensions 114.9 x 67.0 x 38.4 mm
- Weight: 357 g (including battery and memory card)
- Memory cards: SDHC/SDXC (UHS-I）
- Battery: BLS-50
- Available in silver, white and black colors
- New waterproof protector PT-EP12 will be available as accessory
- The release date for the Japanese market is September 20th, 2014