Egami has discovered a new patent filed by Canon. The new patent describes a a 3 layer, Foveon-like sensor with an insulator film applied.
The film mentioned in the patent helps to reduce reflection and flares. See the patent details below.
Canon Patent For Foveon Sensor With Anti-Reflection Film
- Patent Publication No. 2014-130890
- Publication date 2014.7.10
- Filing date 2012.12.28
- Multilayer sensor drawback of
- G is light, the image quality is degraded and reflected by the surface of the layer between the G and B layer, re-enters the B layer
- Canon patents
- The provision of the dielectric film and the insulating film as an anti-reflection film
- First insulating layer, B layer, a dielectric film, insulating film, dielectric film, G layer, a dielectric film, insulating film, insulating film, dielectric film, the R layer
- By increasing the thickness of the dielectric film, to suppress the multiple reflection
- The dielectric film is between the G layer and B layer, the reflectance with respect to G is lower than B