Egami has discovered a new patent filed by Canon. The new patent refers to a 45x zoom that appears to be for the water and dustproof PowerShow D compact camera series.
The latest D series waterproof camera is the PowerShot D30 which features a 12.1-megapixel CMOS sensor, a 28-140mm equivalent lens, a bright 3″, 460k-dot LCD screen, Full HD videos, as well as an on-board GPS module.
Below is the details of the patent for a 45x zoom lens that is for a waterproof/dustproof application.
Canon Patent for 45x Zoom Waterproof PowerShot D Camera
- Patent Publication No. 2014-109664 (Google Translated)
- Publication date 2014.6.12
- Filing date 2012.11.30
- Related 2014-109665,2014-109666
- Example 1
- Zoom ratio 44.41
- Focal length f = 4.62-13.02-205.00mm
- Fno. 3.91-6.14-9.00
- Half angle ω = 36.14-16.58-1.08 °
- 99.33-103.38-113.64mm overall length of the lens
- BF 12.11-10.81-4.28mm