The patent application shows that the single focus lens will provide 300mm equivalent focal length with a constant aperture of f/2.8. As we all know Panasonic has introduced the 150mm f/2.8 is a telephoto prime lens back in 2012.
The lens expected to arrive this year at Photokina but according to latest news the company has cancelled the launch of a long telephoto zoom lens.
Panasonic Patent for 150mm f/2.8 MFT Lens
Description and self-interpretation of the patent literature
- Patent Publication No. 2014-38304
- Publication date 2014.2.27
- Filing date 2012.7.20
- Example 1
- Focal length f = 146.2142-139.0971mm
- Fno. 2.91065-2.92693
- Half angle ω = 4.1995-3.5203 °
- Image height Y = 10.8150mm
- Total length 132.5800mm