Nikon is rumored to add a fluorine coating to all of its high-end telephoto lenses. The list of upgrade candidates includes five models getting replaced within two years.
All lenses with a fluorine coating will employ the “FL” designation and this coating makes the lenses more resistant to dirt, dust, grease, and water droplets.
The list includes the 200mm, 300mm, 500mm, 600mm, and 200-400mm. Most of them are currently back-ordered in the major US stores. See below.
New High-end Nikon Telephoto Lenses Will Feature Fluorine Coating
- Nikkor 200mm f/2G ED VR II (back-ordered at Amazon, Adorama)
- Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II (back-ordered at Amazon, Adorama)
- Nikkor 500mm f/4G ED VR (back-ordered at Amazon, Adorama)
- Nikkor 600mm f/4G ED VR (back-ordered at Adorama)
- Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II (in stock)