Egami has discovered a new patent filed by Canon. The new patent describes a 5 layer image sensor from Canon.
The patent refers to a 5 layer sensor, respectively 3 layers for RGB, one for IR, and one for UV. The sensor design aims to a more realistic reproduction of skin tones.
The revolutionary Canon image sensor appears to be based on backside illumination (BSI) technology.
The sensor will also allow a camera to correct how a person looks in a photo by erasing stains and wrinkles. See the image below.
Canon Patent For 5 Layer Foveon-Like Sensor
Patent Information (Google Translated)
- Patent Publication No. 2014-103644
- Publication date 2014.6.5
- Filing date 2012.11.22
- Canon patents
- I get the visible light
- I get the ultraviolet light
- I get the infrared light
- I want to extract the skin area
- The skin region of visible light, I will correct the image from the difference of the skin area of ultraviolet light
- Signal value of the infrared light is regarded as the skin area, the high part