Leica has announced a new version of the Leica M Monochrom rangefinder camera. Leica M Monochrom is now available in Silver Chrome finnish.
Leica says : “The design of the new silver chrome version is as discreet as the popular design of the black chrome version, with a uniform colouration and a minimum of details. Naturally the black chrome version will still be available in parallel and besides the colour of outer parts, there is no technical difference between the two colour versions.”
The new model is planned to be available in limited quantities by the end of May, with an order no. of 10787 and RRP of £6,200.
Leica M Monochrom Silver Chrome Announced
Leica Press Release
New Leica M Monochrom in silver chrome finish
The success of the Leica M Monochrom exceeded all expectations and the camera continues to enjoy consistent demand. Now by popular demand from our customers, this legendary camera will soon be available in a new colour version: silver chrome finish.
The design of the new silver chrome version is as discrete as the popular design of the black chrome version, with a uniform colouration and a minimum of details. Naturally the black chrome version will still be available in parallel and besides the colour of outer parts, there is no technical difference between the two colour versions. The new model is planned to be available in limited quantities by the end of May, with an order no. of 10787 and RRP of £6,200.
- Camera type: Compact digital rangefinder system camera with a dedicated black-and -white image sensor
- Lens mount: Leica M bayonet with additional sensor for 6-bit coding
- Lens system: Leica M lenses from 16 to 135 mm
- Image sensor: Active area approx. 23.9 x 35.8 mm, 5212 x 3468 pixels (18 megapixels). Infrared blocking filter for invisible light with wavelengths longer than 700 nm, no low-pass filter
- Resolution: Optional resolution, DNG™: 5212 x 3468 (18 megapixels), JPEG: 5216 x 3472 (18 megapixels), 3840 x 2592 (10 megapixels), 2592 x 1728 (4.5 megapixels), 1728 x 1152 (2 megapixels), 1280 x 864 (1 megapixel)
- Image file formats: DNG™ (RAW), uncompressed, JPEG with quality-preserving compression
- File sizes: DNG™: 18 MB (compressed), 36 MB (uncompressed), JPEG: approx. 2–10 MB
- Colour spaces: sRGB hardwired
- Storage media: SD-cards from 2 GB, SDHC-cards up to 32 GB
- Menu languages: German, English, French, Spanish, Italian Japanese, traditional Chinese, simplified Chinese, Russian
- Exposure metering: Exposure metering through the lens (TTL),
- centre-weighted at working aperture
- Centre-weighted TTL-metering for flash with system-compatible SCA-3000/2 standard flash units
- Metering range: at f/1.0 / ISO 320/26°: EV 1 to 21.
- The left triangular LED in the viewfinder blinks when light levels are outside the lower metering range
- ISO sensitivity range: ISO 320/26° to ISO 10000/41°, selectable in 1/3-ISO increments with aperture priority metering(A) and manual exposure settings, choice of automatic control or manual setting. ISO 160 also available as a pull-function
- Exposure modes: Aperture priority (A) / Manual(M)
- Flash exposure control
- Flash connection: Hot shoe with centre and control contacts.
- Synchronisation: Optional, on first or second curtain
- Flash synchronisation speed: Metering range
- Flash metering: Control by centre-weighted, TTL pre-flash metering (with SCA-3501/3502 adapters or SCA-3000 standard flash units e.g. Leica SF 24D/Leica SF 58)
- Flash metering cell: 2 silicon photodiodes with condenser lens in camera base
- Flash exposure correction: ±3 1/3 EV in 1/3 EV increments, adjustable on SCA-3501/3502 adapter
- Settings in computer mode for LEICA SF 24D, ±3 EV
- in 1/3 EV increments, or from 0 to –3 EV in 1 EV increments /
- adjustable in all modes for LEICA SF 58, ±3 EV in 1/3 EV increments
- Displays in flash mode: Flash ready: constant illumination of flash symbol LED in the viewfinder, flash confirmation: Constant illumination or rapid flashing of the LED after exposure, underexposure indicated by temporarily extinguished LED
- Viewfinder principle: Large size, bright, combined bright-line viewfinder / rangefinder with automatic parallax compensation
- Eyepiece: Adjusted to -0.5 dioptres Correction lenses for –3 to +3 dptr. available
- Image field framing: By projection of two bright-line frames with each lens attached: for 35 and 135 mm, or for 28 and 90 mm, or 50 and 75 mm. Automatically displayed when lens mount locks. Any of the pairs of bright-line frames can be displayed by moving the frame selection lever
- Parallax compensation: The horizontal and vertical differences between the viewfinder and the lens are automatically compensated in accordance with the focusing distance set, i.e. the bright-line frame of the viewfinder automatically moves to cover the image field covered by the respective lens
- Correspondence between the
- viewfinder and the actual image: At a focusing distance of 1 metre, the bright-line frame size corresponds precisely to that of a sensor size of 23.9 x 35.8 mm At infinity, and depending on the focal length of the lens in use, more of the sensor is covered than the bright-line frame actually shows, the opposite is the case for focusing distances of less than 1 metre, i.e. somewhat less
- Magnification: 0.68-fold (for all lenses)
- Long-base rangefinder: Bright rectangular spot (RF spot) with coincident and superimposed fields in the centre of the viewfinder image
- Effective rangefinder base: 47.1 mm (mechanical rangefinder base 69.25 mm x viewfinder magnification 0.68x)
- Viewfinder displays: LED-Symbol for flash status (on lower edge )
- Four-digit, seven-segment digital LED display.
- Display brightness adapts to ambient light, for: exposure compensation activation warning, display of automatically determined shutter speeds in aperture priority mode, reminder of activated exposure value lock. LED light balance with two triangular outer and one round central LED for manual exposure setting
- Displays on the back: 2.5″ monitor (colour TFT-LCD) with 230,000 pixels
- Shutter: Microprocessor-controlled, particularly low-noise, metal-leaf, vertical focal-plane shutter
- Shutter speeds: In aperture priority mode (A) continuous from 32 s to 1/4000 s. In manual setting mode, 8 s to 1/4000 s in half-speed increments, B for time exposures up to max. 240 s, shortest shutter speed for flash sync, 1/180 s
- Continuous shooting: approx. 2 fps, ≥ 8 frames in sequence
- Shutter release: Three steps: Activation of metering – store metering values (in aperture priority mode) – shutter release. Standard internal threading for remote release.
- Self-timer: Countdown 2 s (in aperture priority mode and manual exposure mode) or 12 s, menu setting option, countdown is indicated by a flashing LED on the front of the camera and a corresponding display on the monitor
- Camera power on / power off Main switch located on the top deck, optional sleep mode for camera electronics after 2 / 5 / 10 minutes, reactivation by slight pressure to shutter release button
- Power supply: 1 rechargeable lithium-ion battery, nominal voltage 3.7V, capacity 1900 mAh. Charge level displayed on monitor screen, when shutter locked in open position (for sensor cleaning), additional acoustic warning signal for insufficient battery charge
- Battery charger: Inputs: 100–240 V AC , 50/60 Hz, automatic adaptation, or 12/24 V DC; output: 4.2 V DC, 800 mA.
- Material: Full-metal body in die cast magnesium alloy with synthetic leather trim. Top plate and baseplate in brass with black chrome or silver chrome finish, sapphire glass LCD cover for the monitor screen
- Tripod thread: A 1/4 (1/4 “) DIN, stainless steel, integrated in base plate
- Operating conditions: 0 to +40°C
- Interface: 5-pin Mini-USB 2.0 high-speed socket for fast data transfer
- (length × depth × height): approx. 139 × 37 × 80 mm
- Weight: 600 g (including battery)
- Software licences supplied
- with the camera: Adobe Lightroom, Nik Silver Efex Pro, both as download options (high-speed Internet connection required)
- Compatibility: Windows® 7 SP1, Windows® Vista® SP2, Windows XP SP2, Mac® OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) or higher
- Package includes: Battery charger 100 – 240 V with two power cords (EU, USA. May differ in other markets) and one car charging cable, lithium-ion battery, USB-cable, real leather carrying strap, instruction manual, information leaflets on registration and software downloads