Canon Professional Network has posted an article about the new EF 16-35mm f/4L IS lens.
Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM is a wide-angle zoom lens featuring a constant f/4 maximum aperture to provide consistent performance throughout the zoom range.
The Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM has an optical structure includes two Ultra-low Dispersion (UD) elements to minimise chromatic aberration.
The EF16-35mm f/4L IS USM is Canon’s first ultra-wide L-series lens to feature Canon’s signature optical Image Stabilizer (IS) technology, offering a four-stop advantage over non-IS lenses, helping to ensure that shots are always captured with precise detail. Designed to deliver the highest image quality, the lens’s optical structure includes two Ultra-low Dispersion (UD) elements to minimise chromatic aberration and eliminate colour blurring plus a newly-designed IS system features gyro sensors for greater accuracy and stability.
Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens Price
The Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens price is $1,199.00. The wide-angle lens will be available from June 30, 2014.
|Buy Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens|
|Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM Lens||$1,199.00||Amazon | Adorama |ebay
Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS Article on CPN
WHO IS IT FOR?
This high performance, fixed aperture, ultra wide-angle zoom lens combines excellent optical performance with flexibility, making it ideal for landscapes, architectural shots, photojournalism, travel and general use – delivering clear, sharp, expansive images with very little distortion. The compact nature of the EF16-35mm f/4L IS USM means it will perform superbly in confined and challenging situations.
The L-series reputation for unrivalled construction, design and – fundamentally – optical quality is immediately clear to see in the EF16-35mm f/4L IS USM lens, and thanks to its new optical Image Stabilizer photographers will have an added four-stop advantage as well as a constant f/4 maximum aperture.
EF 16-35mm f/4L IS Key Features
- The new EF16-35mm f/4 IS USM is weather resistant and offers a 4-stop advantage thanks to Image Stabilizer technology.
- Ultra wide-angle 16-35mm zoom range.
- Superior L-series performance with precision EF optics.
- Sharp, high-contrast images with UD lens elements and Super Spectra Coating.
- Constant f/4 maximum aperture.
- 4-stop optical Image Stabilizer.
- Silent, high-speed autofocus with full-time manual override.
- 9-blade circular aperture.
- Minimum focusing distance of 0.28m.
- Easy attachment of filters with non-rotating front element.
- Weather sealed against dust and moisture
Read the full article here.