Egami has discovered a new patent filed by Sony. The new patent describes a 10-36mm f/1.8-2.8 lens designed for a 1″ sensor (28-100mm equivalent) design for the RX100 series cameras.
This lens could be used in the future Sony RX200 camera. This lens is a lot brighter at the tele end compared to the current 28-100mm f/1.8-4.9 lens used by the RX100/RX100II.
Sony is rumored to announce new RX series cameras most likely around Photokina 2014 which will take place in September. Even the names are not revealed yet possible candidate names for these RX cameras could be Sony RX2 and Sony RX200.
Sony RX200 Camera to Have Faster 28-100mm f/1.8-2.8 Lens?
According to recent rumors new Sony RX cameras are under development and they will be announced in the following months. See below for the patent details.
Description and self-interpretation of the patent literature
- Patent Publication No. 2014-66944,2014-66945,2014-66946
- Publication date 2014.4.17
- Filing date 2012.9.27
embodiment Example Focal length Fno. Half angle One 9.58-19.82-41.00 1.87-2.49-3.30 41.41-21.75-10.56 Two 9.58-19.82-41.00 1.87-2.27-3.01 41.42-21.79-10.57 Three 9.58-18.55-35.91 1.87-2.23-2.89 41.25-23.00-11.95 Four 9.60-23.40-57.02 2.04-2.57-3.67 41.44-18.46-7.55 Five 9.58-19.82-41.00 1.87-2.28-3.00 41.42-21.78-10.57
- Sony patents
- 5-group zoom of positive and negative positive positive and negative
- JP 2014-66944
- I include a macro mode
- The fifth group and the fourth group is independently driven in the optical axis direction, and switches to macro mode
- Inner focus
- Usually when the third group and the fourth group is used as a focus group macro time
- JP 2014-66945
- Rear focus
- Focus group fifth group and the fourth group
- JP 2014-66946
- Inner focus
- Vibration control