Leica is rumored to announce a new T type 701 mirrorless camera. First picture and the specs detailed for the upcoming Leica T type 701 mirrorless interchangeable lens camera.
Leica sent out invitations for a “special highlight“ event on April 24th. Leica T type 701 camera expected to be announced on this day.
Leica T series mirrorless camera will be positioned between the M and X lines and expected to have an APS-C sensor with optional EVF.
Leica T type 701 Mirrorless Camera First Image and Specs Detailed
- Announcement on April 24th
- The new T model will not be a MFT camera and it will not be based on an existing Panasonic model
- APS-C sensor
- Optional EVF
- The body will be made in Germany and it will be very solid built with a special new/unique design/production process
- The new T lenses (both primes and zooms) will be made in Asia (most likely by Panasonic in Japan).
- Touchscreen LCD
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- A new adapter that will let you use M lenses on the T body will also be announced
- US price: over $3,000 for camera+lens kit.