Egami has discovered a new patent filed by Canon. The new patent describes another image stabilized version of the Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM standart zoom lens.
The rumors has been surfaced last year for the for the EF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM. This is almost the fourth patent filed for this lens.
Canon’s new EF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM lens surfaced again with a filed patent and seems to be a popular lens in the lineup. Meanwhile, the EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM standart zoom lens is currently priced for $2,299.00 at Amazon.
Canon Patent for EF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens
Below are the translated patent details of the EF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM.
- Patent Publication No. 2014-52413,2014-52445
- Publication date 2014.3.20
- Filing date 2012.9.5
- Example 1
- Zoom ratio 2.75
- Focal length f = 24.7-35.21-68mm
- Fno. 2.9
- Half angle ω = 41.21-31.57-17.65 °
- Image height 21.64mm
- 223.94-207.87-180.56mm overall length of the lens
- BF 38.31mm