Sony has announced the Cyber-shot DSC-WX350 and Cyber-shot DSC-WX800 digital compact cameras. Sony WX350 is a new compact camera with 18.2-megapixel BSI CMOS sensor and a 25-500mm f/3.5-6.5 lens while the Sony W800 comes with a 20.1-megapixel CCD sensor and a 5x optical zoom lens.
Sony W350 is a middle-entry level compact camera and priced for $320. Sony W800 is a lowest end compact camera with an ultra affordable price for $80. Sony will release the both cameras on March 23, 2014.
Sony WX350 and Sony W800 Compact Cameras Announced
Sony DSC-WX350 Features
- 20x Optical/40x Clear Image Zoom G Lens: Get amazingly close with 20x optical zoom plus 40x Clear Image digital zoom. Most digital zooms use electronic cropping to get closer to the subject, resulting in unsharp images
- Exmor R CMOS Sensor for superb low light images: Brings out the full resolving power of the camera’s professional G Lens to deliver extremely fast speed, high resolution and stunning low-light sensitivity with improved image clarity and drastically reduced grain
- Full HD 1080/60pwith dual record of stills and movies: Record crystal clear movies at the highest resolution available with capabilities for 60p in 1080 AVCHD video. This provides stunning, fast motion video with less distortion for playback on your HD TV
- Keep your subject in focus with Lock-On AF: Lock-On AF gives you the ability to focus on multiple points with subject recognition to keep your subject in sharp focus even when in motion
- Simple connectivity to smartphones via Wi-Fi or NFC: Connectivity with smartphones for One-touch sharing/One-touch remote has been simplified with Wi-Fi/NFC3 control.
- Motion-Shot Video traces subject movement: Motion-Shot Video traces subject movement on the camera’s LCD for a unique visual effect. Use this playback function on the camera to study form and pathways of subjects
- 4K quality still image output via HDMI: Enjoy the beauty of 4K quality still image (4x the resolution of Full HD) via simple HDMI connection to compatible 4K TVs. The camera can also be connected via HDMI to HDTVs for full HD 1080p resolution images
- Sweep Panorama mode (up to 360deg.): Simply press the shutter button and sweep the camera in the desired direction and the camera continuously shoots at a high speed, then seamlessly stitches the images together with automatic position adjustment to create one stunning panoramic image
- Sweep Panorama mode (up to 360deg.): Reach beyond the traditional wide angle lens and capture more breathtaking shots with Sweep Panorama mode
- Picture Effect for more expressive photos: Picture Effect adds a new level of expression to photos, making ordinary landscapes and portraits come to life by heightening mood and emphasizing certain attributes. Select camera models have up to nine different effects
Sony DSC-W800 Features
- In 720p MP4 movie mode the camera shoots 1280 x 720 high definition movies at 30 fps, a standard format when working with a PC.¹ Create high quality movies with full use of optical zoom in files small enough to transfer to compatible PC or Mac computer
- Put your camera in easy mode to minimize the layers in your menu. This makes your shooting experience easy and enjoyable
- Capture more breathtaking shot with Sweep Panorama. Simply press the shutter button and sweep the camera in the desired direction and the camera continuously shoots at a high speed, then seamlessly stitches the images together with automatic position adjustment to create one stunning panoramic image
- Smile Shutter technology captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply press the Smile Shutter button and the camera does the rest. You can also select adult and child priority and indicate the degree of Smile Detection sensitivity
- Picture Effect adds a new level of expression to photos, making ordinary landscapes and portraits come to life by heightening mood and emphasizing certain attributes. Picture Effect can be applied to still images, movies and panoramic shots, giving photos and movies even greater impact
- Charging your battery has never been easier via USB3. Simply connect your camera via USB to your PCs USB port and/or a power supply and charge your battery on the go
- A built-in instruction guide allows you to search the camera’s functions according to your needs wherever you may be