First set of Sony A6000 specifications leaked ahead of the official announcement. Sony A6000 is rumored to be announced on Wednesday February 12 just before the CP+ 2014 show to replace both the NEX-6 and NEX-7.
Sony A6000 will have the fastest AF Speed of all current E-mount Sony mirrorless cameras. Sony A6000 APS-C E-mount mirrorless camera design will look like the current NEX-6 camera and have the same controls as NEX-6. The body grip will be the same as Sony A7. The electronic viewfinder (EVF) also the same as the current A7 full frame mirrorless camera.
Sony A6000 will feature a 24.3-megapixel image sensor, similar to the current NEX-7 model. The new 24.3MP sensor has phase detection pixel for improvement focusing on moving object. Sony A6000 is also rumored to feature on-sensor SteadyShot image stabilization technology. But we still don’t know if specs list of the camera include this tech. The upcoming Sony A6000 mirrorless camera will also feature Wi-fi and NFC connectivity.
Pre-order links for Sony A6000
Sony A6000 Specifications and Price Leaked
Sony A6000 Specs
- 24.3-megapixel image sensor like the NEX-7
- Phase detection pixel on sensor
- Bionz X processor with adaptive noise reduction, increased sharpness and diffraction reduction
- ISO 100 – 25,600
- 3-inch Tiltable LCD Screen with 921K pixels
- Improved RGB filter
- Same EVF and Grip like the A7 model
- Same body design and controls like the NEX-6
- Will have the fastest AF speed of all Sony mirrorless cameras.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC
- Kit lens 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
- Double zoom kit 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS + 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS
Sony A6000 Price
The upcoming Sony A6000 mirrorless camera will be priced at €650 / $899 for body only. Sony A6000 kit price is expected around €800 / $999.
Skylum's all-in-one photo editor Luminar 2018 is out now and available for just $69 for new users, with big discounts for upgrading users. We rated Luminar as "Highly Recommended".