Egami spotted a new patent filed by Cnon. The new patent describes a new Canon macro ring flash. Canon macro ring flash unit with a prism shows an uniform distribution of the light.
There is a possibility of a zoom macro lens to be announced in 2014. We may also see a new ring flash with the new macro lens in 2014 too. See below for the patent details for the new macro ring flash unit.
Canon Patent for Macro Ring Flash
- Patent Publication No. 2014-13350
- Publication date 2014.1.23
- Filing date 2012.7.5
- Existing ring strobe
- Xenon tube
- Process to bend the arc shaped glass tube cylindrical difficult
- Canon patents
- There are two areas in light of the strobe
- Light flux from the first region is subject to direct
- Toward the object light beam from the second zone enters the prism, and then reflected inside
- Provided with a step stepped on the reflecting surface, by changing the pitch of the step, it is possible to adjust the distance between the emission point