Sony has released a new firmware update for the QX series lens cameras Sony QX100 and QX10. The update adds Full HD video recording and an expanded ISO range for both the QX10 and QX100, while the latter also receives a shutter priority mode.
The Sony DSC-QX100 lens camera produce DSLR-like image quality with a 20.2MP 1.0″ Exmor RBackside-Illuminated CMOS sensor, a 28-100mm (eq.) f/1.8-4.9 lens and the BIONZ image processor.
The Sony DSC-QX10 lens camera features a 10x zoom lens and 1/2.3″ Exmor R BSI CMOS sensor and the BIONZ image processor.
Sony QX100 and QX10 Firmware Update V2.00 Announced
Sony QX10 and QX100 Lens Camera Price
Sony DSC-QX10 lens camera price is $248.00. Sony DSC-QX100 lens camera price is $498.00.
Download links here. See firmware details Below.
- Download Sony QX100 and QX10 Firmware Update V2.00 for Mac.
- Download Sony QX100 and QX10 Firmware Update V2.00 for Windows.
Improvements after firmware upgrade
- Full HD Movie Recording (QX100 and QX10): Both of the Cyber-shot QX Series cameras will have the ability to shoot Full HD 1080p video (1920×1080@30p in MP4) after the firmware update.
- Shutter Priority (“S”) Mode (QX100 only): The Shutter Priority (“S”) mode will be added to the QX100 camera to allow direct access control to shutter speed.
- Expanded ISO Shooting Range (QX100 and QX10): Each of the cameras will be able to shoot at higher ISO settings for greater versatility in low-light conditions. The QX10 camera will be expanded from max ISO 1600 to max ISO 3200. The QX100 camera will be expanded from max ISO 3200 to max ISO 12800.
|Mode||Now||After update||Now||After update|
|Program auto||ISO||160 – 3200||160 – 12800||100 – 1600||100 – 3200|
|Aperture priority||ISO||160 – 3200||160 – 12800||N/A||N/A|
|Shutterpriority||ISO||N/A||160 – 12800||N/A||N/A|
|N/A||30 – 1/2000 s||N/A||N/A|