Egami has discovered a new patent filed by Canon. The new patent describes the EF 11-24mm f/4 ultra wide-angle zoom lens for full frame sensor DSRLs.
The EF 11-24mm f/4 ultra wide-angle zoom lens will be a good choice for Canon users because in this focal range the only wide-angle zoom lenses to compete the legendary Nikon 14-24mm f/2.8G ED are the EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II or the EF 8-15 f/4L Fisheye.
See below for the patent details translated by machine.
Canon Patent for EF 11-24mm f/4 Ultra Wide-angle Zoom Lens
Description and self-interpretation of the patent literature
- Patent Publication No. 2014-10286
- Publication date 2014.1.20
- Filing date 2012.6.29
- Example 1
- Zoom ratio 2.06
- Focal length f = 11.30-18.00-23.30mm
- Fno. 4.10
- Half angle ω = 62.42-50.24-42.88mm
- Image height Y = 21.64mm
- 172.19-161.28-162.86mm overall length of the lens
- BF 38.82-52.31-63.15mm