Nikon is rumored to announce a new full frame camera soon. The rumored Nikon hybrid full frame camera design will have a retro look, just like the Olympus OM-D or the good old Nikon FM2.
Sony’s A7 and A7r cameras are the world’s smallest, lightweight interchangeable lens mirrorless camera system with a full frame sensor. Nikon’s new full frame camera expected to be “not mirrorless” and will compete against Sony’s new A7 cameras. According to NR, the new Nikon full frame retro camera will have some kind of a “special (hybrid?)” viewfinder.
The announcement of the rumored camera expected to be in the next 1-3 weeks. Anyway, next week there will be PDN PhotoPlus Expo show in New York, starting on October 23 and Nikon could also make an early surprise. Nikon’s rumored full frame hybrid camera specs occured as follows.
Nikon Full Frame “Hybrid” Retro Camera Rumored Specs
- Nikon FM2 like design
- Pentaprism viewfinder (not mirrorless)
- Standart F-mount
- Expeed 3 processor
- 16,2MP 36×23,9 full frame sensor (same sensor in the D4)
- SD memory card
- 2016-pixel RGB image sensor
- 9-cell framing grid display
- 3D color matrix metering II
- Native ISO range: 100-12800 (incl. ISO 50 and ISO 108,200)
- 5.5 fps for up to 100 shots
- 3.2″ LCD screen
- Dimensions: 143,5 x 110 x 66,5mm
- Weight: 765g
- The camera will have physical controls and excellent build quality
- It will come with a new special edition Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G lens to match the look/design of the body
- Nikon calls the camera “Hybrid”.