Sony has announced smartphone attachable lens-style camera DSC-QX100. The new Sony DSC-QX100 lens camera can be controlled by smartphones, using Wi-Fi or NFC technology.
The Sony DSC-QX100 lens camera produce DSLR-like image quality with a 20.2MP 1.0″ Exmor R Backside-Illuminated CMOS sensor, a 28-100mm (eq.) f/1.8-4.9 lens and the BIONZ image processor. The Sony QX100 creates sharp, high-resolution images with effective low light capabilities at ISO sensitivities that run to 12800 and are expandable to 25600.
Sony DSC-QX100 lens camera module comes with Optical Steady Shot and Wi-Fi with NFC (Near-Field Communications). It is capable of shooting 1440×1080-pixel Full HD 1080p videos at 30fps in the MP4 format, and a built-in stereo microphone records audio. The Sony DSC-QX100 attach to your smartphone with the supplied adapter that fits several popular models.
Sony DSC-QX100 Lens Camera Price
Sony DSC-QX100 lens camera price is $498.00. The new Sony QX100 lens camera module is available to buy from the camera stores below. The Sony DSC-QX100 starts shipping from September 22, 2013. Where to buy Sony DSC-QX100 Smartphone Attachable Lens-Style Camera.
Sony DSC-QX100 Lens Camera Features
- Attach to turn your Smartphone into a DSLR-like quality camera: Simply attach the compact and lightweight DSC-QX100 to turn your Smartphone into a professional grade camera to capture beautiful DSLR-like 20MP still photos.
- NFC/Wi-Fi allows simple, one-touch connection to Smartphones: The DSC-QX100 allows One-touch connection with Smartphone via Wi-Fi thanks to NFC. Shoot from your iOS or Android Smartphone and record images with the quality of dedicated camera device.
- Shoot and enjoy images thru the Smartphone’s large LCD: All of the DSC-QX100’s features can be accessed via your Smartphone’s LCD screen and the free PlayMemories Mobile App.
- Conveniently save images on both camera and phone memory: Images are conveniently saved to both camera and Smartphone’s memory automatically. With the free PlayMemories Mobile App you’ll then be able to hit “Share” on App to organize, edit and share anytime, anywhere.
- Use Apps to edit and share photos instantly online: Millions of Smartphone Apps to choose from for editing and sharing via text, email and various socials like Facebook and Instgram on the fly.
- Uncouple from phone and hold or mount for flexible shooting: The DSC-QX100 can also be used uncoupled from the Smartphone. Hold the camera in one hand and your phone in the other, or use the universal tripod screw to mount your camera to any number of mounts to experience versatile, freestyle shooting.
- Get the shots you want w/ manual control via Smartphone: Intuitively control zoom, aperture, exposure, white balance, focusing and more with the free PlayMemories Mobile App.
- Impeccable low light performance thanks to large 1″ sensor: The DSC-QX100 sports a back-illuminated 20MP large 1″ Exmor R CMOS sensor to produce professional images that far surpass those captured on any Smartphone. The sensor is exceptionally sensitive, producing images with less grain even in low light situations.
- Bright F1.8 Carl Zeiss lens with 3.6x optical zoom: Zoom in up to 3.6x on a renowned Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* zoom lens with large F1.8 aperture lets you accurately capture the subtle atmosphere of every scene and achieve beautiful background and foreground defocusing.
- High-quality 1080/30p HD video with low grain even in low light: Record high quality 1080/30p HD video even in low lighting situations. The MP4 format is ideal for enjoying and sharing your HD movies on your Smartphone, PC, Mac computer or the internet.
Sony DSC-QX100 Lens Camera Product Images
Sony DSC-QX100 Lens Camera Specifications
|Image Sensor||1.0 type (13.2 x 8.8mm) ExmorR CMOS sensor|
|Pixels||Number of gross pixels: Approx. 20.9 Megapixels
Number of effective pixels: Approx. 20.2 Megapixels
|Lens||Carl Zeiss “Vario-Sonnar T*”, 7 elements in 6 groups (4 aspheric elements including AA lens)|
|F-number (Maximum Aperture)||F1.8(W)-4.9(T)|
|Iris Diaphragm||7 blades|
|Focal Length (f = )||f=10.4-37.1mm|
|Image Stabilisation (movies)||Optical SteadyShot image stabilization with Active Mode|
|35mm format equivalent (Still Image 3:2)||f=28-100mm|
|35mm format equivalent (Still Image 4:3)||f=30-108mm|
|35mm format equivalent (Still Image16:9)||f=29-105mm|
|35mm format equivalent (Still Image 1:1)||f=36-127mm|
|35mm format equivalent (Movie 16:9)||f=29-105mm (SteadyShot Standard), f=33-120mm (SteadyShot Active)|
|35mm format equivalent (Movie 4:3)||f=36-128mm (SteadyShot Standard), f=41-146mm (SteadyShot Active)|
|Focus Range (from front of lens)||iAuto: AF (W: Approx.5cm (0.16′) to infinity, T: Approx. 55cm (1.80′) to infinity) / Program
Auto: AF (W: Approx, 5cm (0.16′) to infinity, T: Approx. 55cm (1.80′) to infinity)
|Optical Zoom||3.6x (Optical Zoom during movie recording)|
|Imaging Processor “BIONZ”||Yes|
|Optical SteadyShot Active Mode (Movie)||Yes (Active Mode, Optical type with electronic compensation)|
|Focus Mode||Single-shot AF
|Focus Area||Multi Point AF|
|Light Metering Mode||Multi Pattern|
|Exposure Compensation||+/- 3.0 EV, 1/3 EV step|
|ISO Sensitivity (Still Image)||Auto(ISO160-12800, selectable with upper / lower limit),160/200/400/800/1600/3200/ 6400/12800 (Extendableto ISO100/125),Multi-Frame NR:Auto(ISO160-25600), 200/400/800/1600/3200/6400/12800/25600|
|ISO Sensitivity (Movie)||Auto: (ISO160-3200 level)|
|Minimum Illumination (Movie)||Auto: 3.2lux (Shutter Speed 1/60)|
|White Balance Mode||Auto
Fluor.: Warm White
Fluor.: Cool White
Fluor.: Day White
|Shutter Speed||iAuto (4 – 1/2000) / Program Auto (1 – 1/2000) / Aperture Priority (8 – 1/2000)|
|Aperture||iAuto (F1.8/F11) / Program Auto (F1.8/F11) / Aperture Priority (F1.8/F11)|
|Self-Timer||10sec. / 2sec.|
|Shooting Mode||10sec. / 2sec.
|Number of Recognized Scene||Still: 33
|Compatible Recording Media||Memory Stick Micro
Memory Stick Micro (Mark2)
microSD Memory Card
microSDHC Memory Card
|Recording Format||Still Image: JPEG, Movie: MP4|
|Color Space (Still)||sRGB|
|Still Image Size||3:2 mode: 20M (5,472 x 3,648) / 5M (2,736 x 1,824) / 4:3 mode:18M(4,864 x 3,648) / 5M(2,592 x 1,944) / 16:9 mode: 17M (5,472 x 3,080) / 4.2M (2,720 x 1,528) / 1:1 mode: 13M (3,648 x 3,648) / 3.7M(1,920 x 1,920)|
|Movie Recording Mode||MP4: 12M (1,440×1080/30fps)|
|GPS / Heading||N/A|
|Maximum Playback Size||Under 20M (5,472 x 3,648)|
|Share it Later||N/A|
|PRINT Image Matching (PIM3)||Yes|
|Input and Output Terminal||Multi/Micro USB Terminal, Hi-Speed USB (USB 2.0)|
|NFC||Yes (NFC forum Type 3 Tag compatible)|
|Power Source||DC3.6V (supplied battery) / DC5.0V (supplied AC Adapter)|
|Battery System||NP-BN (supplied) / NP-BN1 (not supplied)|
|Power Consumption (Camera mode)||Approx. 1.2W|
|USB Charge/USB Power Supply||Yes (Shooting, Playback)|
|Still Images||Approx. 200 / Approx. 100min|
|Movies (actual shooting)||Approx. 30min. (In [MP4 12M] mode, max. continuous shooting time is approx. 15 min. and max. file size is 2GB)|
|Movies (continuous shooting)||Approx. 30min [example]. (In [MP4 12M] mode, max. continuous shooting time is approx. 15 min. and max. file size is 2GB. )|
|Other Shooting Functions||Face Detection|
|Operating Speed||Start-up Time (Approx. 6.9 sec.) / Shooting Time Lag (Approx. 0.21 sec.) / Shooting Interval (Approx. 1.0 sec.)|
|Digital Level Gauge||N/A|
|Scan System||Progressive scan|
|Color Filter||R,G,B primary color mosaic filters|
|Active Mode||Optical and Electronic|
|Focusing Type||Contrast detection AF|
|ISO Sensitivity(REI)||Auto Controll Range Auto(ISO160-12800, selectable with upper / lower limit),160/200/400/800/1600/3200/ 6400/12800 (Extendableto ISO100/125),Multi-Frame NR:Auto(ISO160-25600), 200/400/800/1600/3200/6400/12800/25600|
|Face Detection||Auto / 8 faces|
|Auto Orientation||On only|
|Recording Format||Still Images: JPEG (DCF, Exif, MPF Baseline) compliant, DPOF compatible|
|Card Capacity (Optional)||Memory Stick Micro: 16GB
microSD Memory Card: 64GB
|NFC||One-touch remote: yes|
|WiFi||Ctrl with Smartphone: Yes
Send to Smartphone: Yes (Select on Smartphone)
|Power Saving||2 min|
|Clock Function,Setting||Yes (Auto Clock ADJ)|
|USB Connect||Mass storage: yes|
|LUN Settings (Multi/Single)||Multi|
|Voltage (with supplied battery)||Maximum Voltage: 4.2V
Nominal Voltage: 3.6V
|Shutter Release Time Lag||Approx. 0.035 sec.|
|Operating Temperature||0 degrees C. – +40 degrees C. / 32 degrees F. – 104 degrees F.|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||2.5 x 2.5 x 2.1″ (62.5 x 62.5 x 52.2mm)|
|Weight||6.3 oz (179g)|