Sony NEX-9 full frame camera rumored to be coming sometime in the middle of October with multiple Zeiss lenses. First specs of the upcoming NEX-FF camera is surfaced on the web.
According to sources this is the first rumored specs of the Sony NEX-9 full frame mirrorless camera. When we come close to the announcement date of this camera more sources will update this specifications list of NEX-FF. As SAR posted this stuff as SR2.
Update see here: Sony NEX-FF Cameras Will Be Named Sony A7 and A7R
Sony NEX-9 will become the company’s first E-mount camera with a full frame sensor on it. Sony NEX-9 announcement expected just before the Photoplus Expo around October 14 or 15.
Sony NEX-9 Full Frame Camera Specs Leaked [NEX-FF]
- ibis /5 axis/ up to 4,5 stops gain
- Similiar design with NEX-7 but some 15% more massive /in terms of dimensions and some 20% more weight than NEX-7
- 1400 focus points, much improved metering
- 3,5,8,12 fps modes, also something they called ‘mega fast mode’ 14 pcs
- New flash unit
- New OLED Electronic viewfinder (EVF)
- 1/4000 sec shutter speed
- Improved video
- New chip. Now, about chip, it will be decided which version will be implemented – 24, 32 or 36 mpix, the best results /speed and accuracy/ was achieved with 32 mpix chip, the most vivid colours and iso were with 24mpix and 36mpix is not so 10+ on tests. Also, this chip is little slower when put on ibis system.
- 1 GB buffer size
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- 3.0-inch articulated in 3 axis LCD screen
- Will be available in 2 colours. Black and some gray version
- Will feature a new global software support
- Will feature a new small adapter for lenses
More Sony NEX-9 News
The first high-end NEX-9 full frame camera will be very similar to NEX-7 (but not going to replace the NEX-7) and 20% bigger than the NEX-7. The price of the high-end NEX-9 full frame camera is around $3000. The Sony NEX-7 is currently priced for $1,098 at Amazon