Canon EOS 7D Mark II announcement date and some specs rumored before. After Canon has officially announced the EOS 70D digital SLR camera, now the eyes turn to the EOS 7D Mark II, other widely expected DSLR camera.
When will the EOS 7D Mark 2 to be announced? This year 2013 or as we previously mentioned in early 2014.
From Canon side as the only DSLR announcement expected from Canon is the new EOS 70D. According to recent rumors Canon EOS 7D Mark 2 rumored to be announced in 2014. And 2014 will be the year for high-end DSLR cameras from Canon.
But if there is a sign from Nikon side and the long rumored DSLR camera Nikon D400 announcement in September 2013 with Expeed 4 and new AF system happens then Canon may announce the EOS 7D Mark 2 in late 2013 to compete with Nikon.
If there is no sign of a D400 from Nikon, the EOS 7d replacement may not appear until early next year (2014).
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Rumored Specifications
- 20.2 MP APS-C sensor
- ISO 100 – 25600 (L : 50, H1 : 51200, H2 : 102400)
- Dual DIGIC 5+ processors
- 10 fps burst rate
- Video “stills burst” mode 30/60 fps
- Full HD video with manual control
- Dual CF Card Slot
- 25 – 30+ AF points, at least 19 all-cross type
- On chip phase detect pixels for Live View and AF tracking
- 100% Viewfinder
- LCD viewfinder with 1.04 million dots
- 3.2″ LCD screen
- GPS, Wi-Fi
- Heavier alloy body with improved weather sealing
- MSRP price most likely $1,999