The Fujifilm X-M1 mirrorless compact system camera now officially announced by Fuji. The new Fujifilm x-M1 mirrorless camera features a X-Trans CMOS sensor and is an entry-level camera rather different design to its previous models.
The Fujifilm X-M1 uses twin electronic control dials to change exposure parameters instead of “traditional” shutter speed and exposure compensation dials.
Fujifilm X-M1 has a tilting 920k dot 3″ LCD screen but no eye-level viewfinder, and uses the same 16MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS sensor as the X-Pro1 and X-E1. Fujifilm X-M1 comes with a new kit zoom, the XC 16-50mm F3.6-5.6 OIS that offers a 24-75mm equivalent range and optical stabilisation, but has no aperture ring.
Fujifilm X-M1 Mirrorless Camera Price
Fujifilm X-M1 mirrorless compact system camera body only price is $699.00. The new Fujifilm X-M1 is available to buy from the camera stores below. The X-M1 starts shipping from July 29, 2013. Where to buy Fujifilm X-M1 camera.
|B&H Photo Video||$699.00||Buy Now|
Fujifilm X-M1 Mirrorless Camera Features
- 16.3MP APS-C X-Trans CMOS Sensor
- By enhancing aperiodicity (randomness) in the array arrangement, the X-Trans CMOS sensor’s color filter minimizes generation of both moire and false colors, eliminating the necessity for an optical low-pass filter and enabling X-Trans CMOS sensor to capture full “unfiltered” lens performance. The EXR Processor Pro is supported by an integrated co-processor for higher speed and higher precision image processing performance.
- X Mount
- Taking full advantage of the mirrorless design, the mount boasts a short 17.7mm flange back distance, a wider opening, and deeper mounting of the lens, resulting in reduced back focus distance while achieving high resolution throughout the image area. When an X-mount lens is mounted, all lens information is instantly communicated to the body, integrating them into a seamless, responsive instrument.
- 3.0″ 920k-Dot Tilt LCD Monitor
- Compose and playback your photos and videos on this LCD with special anti-reflective coating that reduces glare and is resistant to stains, smudges and water. A large and high resolution screen, it is capable of tilting up and down for easier odd-angle shooting.
- Full HD 1080p Video with Stereo Sound
- Capture the action in Full HD movies (1920 x 1080/30p). In addition to full auto exposure, you can also shoot with aperture priority AE. Taking full advantage of the bright XF lenses, you can also capture movies with a beautiful defocused background. Later with plug-and-play ease, you can connect directly to your HDTV with an HDMI cable and share your movies complete with stereo audio.
- Built-in Wi-Fi Connectivity
- With integrated Wi-Fi you can link your camera to your smartphone to transfer and back-up images and using Fuji’s Photo Receiver App it’s possible to send your photos to friends’ smartphones the moment you take them. Geotagging is also supported with the wireless connection.
- Focal Plane Shutter
- The X-M1 is designed with a focal plane shutter that sits immediately in front of the sensor and can provide the camera with fast shutter speeds, up to 1/4000 second.
- Film Simulation Modes
- The X-M1 can simulate the color and tonal qualities of acclaimed films including the natural look of PROVIA, the saturated colors of Velvia and the beautiful skin tones of ASTIA. Film Simulation mode makes it simple to capture the expressive color quality of the rich legacy of Fujifilm photo film technology. There are 10 Film Simulation Modes: PROVIA, Velvia, ASTIA, PRO Neg Hi, PRO Neg. Std., Monochrome, Monochrome+Ye Filter, Monochrome+R Filter, Monochrome+G Filter and Sepia.
- QuickStart Mode
- QuickStart Mode will power-up your camera and have you ready to shoot in as little as 0.5 seconds. Never miss a shot because you were ready but your camera wasn’t. When QuickStart mode is turned off, camera will start in approximately 1.0 second.
- Auto Bracketing
- Auto Bracketing is a way to make sure you get the correctly exposed shot by shooting three continuous shots at slightly different levels. You can set Auto Bracketing for: AE Bracketing (+-1/3EV, +-2/3EV, +1EV); Film Simulation Bracketing (Any three types of film simulation selectable); Dynamic Range Bracketing (100%, 200%, 400%) and ISO Sensitivity Bracketing (+-1/3EV, +-2/3EV, +1EV).
- JPEG and RAW Capture
- Shoot in JPG or RAW and enjoy in-camera processing of the RAW files. The built-in RAW data converter lets you view results in the field without first transferring the data to your computer. This easy-to-use feature not only takes into account exposure compensation, white balance and other in-camera image quality settings, but also lets you apply Film Simulation modes in the converter mode.
- High Speed Contrast Autofocus
- Thanks to the high speed X-Trans CMOS sensor and newly developed EXR Processor Pro, contrast detection has improved and the X-M1 can autofocus in as little as 0.1 seconds and continuous high-speed shooting of up to 5.6 frames per second will allow you to capture fast-moving subjects. Autofocus is TTL Contrast AF with an available AF assist illuminator. AF Frame selection offers Area Frame with 49 areas and Multi Frame with 5 frame types.
- Built-in Flash and Hot Shoe Mount
- The X-M1 provides a built-in pop-up flash and a hot shoe mount and TTL (Through the Lens) Flash Sync. Maximum sync speed for flash is 1/180th of a second.
Fujifilm X-M1 Mirrorless Camera Specs
|Number of effective pixels||16.3 million pixels|
|Image sensor||23.6mm×15.6mm?APS-C?X-Trans CMOS with primary color filter Total number of pixels: 16.5 million pixe|
|Sensor Cleaning system||Ultra Sonic Vibration|
|Storage media||SD memory card / SDHC memory card / SDXC(UHS-I) memory card|
|File format (still image)||JPEG (Exif Ver 2.3 *2),
RAW (RAF format), RAW+JPEG
(Design rule for Camera File system compliant / DPOF-compatible)
|Movie||Movie File Format : MOV
Movie Video Compression : H.264
Audio : Linear PCM Stereo
|Number of Recorded Pixels||L: <3:2> 4896×3264 <16:9> 4896×2760 <1:1> 3264 × 3264
M: <3:2> 3456×2304 <16:9> 3456×1944 <1:1> 2304 × 2304
S: <3:2>2496×1664 <16:9> 2496×1408 <1:1> 1664 ×1664Motion Panorama
L Vertical: 7680×2160 / Horizontal: 7680×1440
M Vertical: 5120×2160 / Horizontal: 5120×1440
|Lens Mount||FUJIFILM X mount|
|Sensitivity||Equivalent to ISO 200 – 6400 (Standard Output Sensitivity)
AUTO mode : AUTO(400)/AUTO(800)AUTO(1600)/AUTO(3200)/AUTO(6400)
Extended output sensitivity equivalent ISO 100, 12800 and 25600
|Exposure Control||TTL 256-zones metering, Multi / Spot / Average|
|Exposure Mode||Programmed AE, Shutter priority AE, Aperture priority AE, Manual exposure|
|Exposure Compensation||-2.0EV – +2.0EV, increment with 1/3EV step|
|Image Stabilizer||Lens shift type (when OIS type lens is set)|
|Shutter control||Focal Plane Shutter|
|Shutter Speed with Mechanical Shutter||(Advanced SR AUTO mode) 1/4 sec. to 1/4000 sec.
(All other modes) 30 sec. to 1/4000 sec. Bulb (max.60min.)
Synchronized Shutter speed for flash ?1/180 sec. or slower
*At S or M mode, 1/160 sec. or slower can be set .
|Continuous Shooting||approx. 5.6fps (JPEG: max. 30 frames, RAW/RAW+JPEG: max. 10 frames)
approx. 3.0fps (JPEG: max. 50 frames, RAW/RAW+JPEG: max. 10 frames)
* SD card “Class10” or higher
|Auto Bracketing||AE Bracketing (±1/3EV, ±2/3EV, ±1EV)
Film Simulation Bracketing (Any 3 type of film simulation selectable)
Dynamic Range Bracketing (100%, 200%, 400%)
ISO sensitivity Bracketing (±1/3EV, ±2/3EV, ±1EV)
|Focus (mode)||Manual Focus/Area AF/Multi AF/Continuous AF/Tracking AF|
|Focus Type||TTL contrast AF, AF assist illuminator available|
|AF Frame Selection||Area (EVF/LCD: 49 areas with 7×7) / Multi
changeable size of AF frame: among 5 type
|White Balance||Auto/ Custom/ Preset(Fine/ Shade/Fluorescent light (Daylight)/ Fluorescent light (Warm White)/ Fluorescent light (Cool White)/Incandescent light|
|Self-timer||Approx. 10sec. / 2sec. Delay|
|Flash||Manual pop-up flash (Auto flash)
Guide number: approx 7 (ISO200 m)
|Flash Modes||Red-eye removal OFF: Auto/Forced Flash/Suppressed Flash/Slow Synchro/Rear-curtain Synchro/Commander
Red-eye removal ON: Red-eye Reduction Auto/Red-eye Reduction & Forced Flash/Suppressed Flash/
Red-eye Reduction & Slow Synchro/Red-eye Reduction & Rear-curtain Synchro/Commander
*Red-eye removal is active when Face Detection is set to ON
|Hot Shoe||Yes (dedicated TTL Flash compatible)|
|LCD Monitor||3.0-in. aspect ratio 3:2 approx. 920K-dot Tilt type TFT color LCD monitor (Approx. 100% coverage)|
|Movie Recording||1920 x 1080 pixels, 1280 x 720 pixels (24frames / sec.) with stereo sound
Individual movies cannot exceed 29 minutes in length
|Mode dial||Advanced SR AUTO/P/S/A/M/C/Portrait/Landscape/ Sport / SP (Scene Position) /Adv./AUTO|
|Film Simulation mode||PROVIA (STANDARD)/ Velvia (VIVID)/ ASTIA (SOFT)/ MONOCHROME/ SEPIA|
|Advanced filter||Toy camera/ Miniature/Pop color/ High-key /Low-key/Dynamic tone/ Soft focus/Partial color (Red/Orange/Yellow/Green/Blue/Purple)|
|Other photography functions||“Face Detection, Auto Red-eye Removal, Setting (Color, Sharpness, D-range, Gradation), Multiple exposure, Depth of Field display, Histogram display, Framing guideline, Frame No. memory, Monitor Sunlight mode, Focus Peak Highlight, Date stamp, Fn button setting “|
|Wireless transmitter ( standard)||IEEE 802.11b/g/n (standard wireless protocol)|
|Playback Functions||RAW conversion, Image rotate, Red-eye reduction, Photobook assist, Erase selected frames, image search, Multi-frame playback (with micro thumbnail), Slide show, Mark for upload, Protect, Crop, Resize, Panorama, Favorites|
|Wireless function||Geotagging setup, Image transfer (Individual image/Selected multiple images), View & Obtain Images, PC Autosave|
|Other functions||PictBridge, Exif Print, Language selection, Time difference, Quick start mode, Silent mode|
|Interface||USB 2.0 High-Speed
HDMI mini connector (Type C)
Remote release terminal for RR-90 (sold separately)
|Battery||NP-W126 Li-ion battery (included)|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Battery Frame Guide||Approx 350 frames (When XF 35mm F1.4R is set)|
|Starting Up Period||Approx 0.5 sec, when QUICK START mode set to ON
Approx 1.0 sec, when QUICK START mode set to OFF
evaluated by FUJIFILM method
|Dimensions WxHxD||4.6 x 2.6 x 1.5″ / 116.9 x 66.5 x 39.0mm|
|Weight||Approx. 330g / 11.6 oz. (including battery and memory card)
Approx. 280 g / 9.9 oz. (excluding accessories, battery and memory card)