Sony has announced the new Cybershot DSC-HX50V compact camera. Sony Cybershot DSC-HX50V camera features a 20 Megapixel 1/2.3″ BSI sensor. The Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50 is the World’s smallest camera with a 30x zoom lens. It has a huge 24-720mm f/3.5-6.3 zoom.
Some of the main features of Sony Cybershot DSC-HX50V camera is 20.4-megapixel, 30x optical/60x Clear Image zoom, Full HD 1080/60p with dual record, Optical SteadyShot® image stabilization with 3-way active mode, up to 10fps, full manual and dedicated EV control dial, built-in Wi-Fi.
Sony Cybershot DSC-HX50V Price
Sony Cybershot DSC-HX50V priced at $449.99 and available from the Sony Store. The Sony Cybershot DSC-HX50V will start shipping on May 31, 2013.
You can pre-order the Sony Cybershot DSC-HX50V compact camera from the Sony store. Sony Cybershot DSC-HX50 will also be available in the UK from May 2013 priced around £350.
Sony Cybershot DSC-HX50V Specifications
- Media Type : Optional “Memory Stick Duo” (No movie recording), optional “Memory Stick PRO Duo” (Mark 2 only for movie recording), optional “Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo”, optional SD Memory Card (Class 4 or higher), optional SDHC Memory Card (Class 4 or higher)
- Color Space : RGB
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution : Approx. 20.4 Megapixels
- Still Image Size 16:9 : 16:9 mode: 15M (5,184 x 2,920) / 2M (1,920 x 1,080)
- Still Image Size 4:3 : 4:3 mode: 20M (5,184 x 3,888) / 10M (3,648 x 2,736) / 5M (2,592 x 1,944) / VGA
- Panorama Still Image Size : Sweep Panorama: 360 (11,520 x 1,080) / HR (10,480 x 4,096) / Wide (7,152 x 1,080/4,912 x 1,920) / Standard (4,912 x 1,080/3,424 x 1,920)
- Video Format : AVCHD Ver2.0/MP4
- Video Mode : AVCHD 60i/60p: 28M PS (1,920×1,080/60p) / 24M FX / 17M FH (1,920×1,080/60i) / 9M HQ (1,440×1,080/60i), MP4: 12M (1,440×1,080/30fps) / 6M (1,280×720/30fps) / 3M VGA (640×480/30fps)
- Dual Record : Yes
- Audio Format : AC3(Stereo)
- Microphone/Speaker : Stereo/mono
- Wind Noise Reduction : Off / On
- AF Modes : Multi Point AF/Center Weighted AF/SpotAF/Flexible Spot AF/Manual/Face Tracking Focus
- AF Illuminator : Auto / Off
- Flash Modes : Auto / Flash On / Slow Synchro / Rear Slow Synchro / Flash Off / Advanced Flash
- Flash Coverage : ISO Auto: Approx. 0.25m to 5.6m (0.82 ft. to 18.37 ft.) (W) / Approx. 2.0m to 3.0m (6.56 ft.. to 9.84 ft.) (T), ISO3200: up to Approx. 7.9m (25.91 ft.) (W) / Approx. 4.2m (13.78 ft.) (T)
- Memory Card Slot : MS Duo and SD/SDHC compatible
- HD Output : Micro HDMI
- USB Port(s) : Multi (AV/USB), Hi-Speed USB (USB2.0)
- Camera Type : High zoom
- Lens Type : Sony G
- Optical Zoom : 30x
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent) : Still 4:3: 24-720mm /Movie 4:3: 32.5-975mm(SteadyShot Standard) 32.5-1320(SteadyShot Active) / Still 16:9: 26-780mm / Movie 16:9: 26.5-795mm(SteadyShot Standard) 26.5-1080mm(SteadyShot Active)
- Lens Construction : 11 elements in 10 groups (including 5 aspheric elements)
- Minimum Focus Distance : iAuto: AF (W: Approx. 5cm (0.16 ft.) to Infinity, T: Approx. 200cm (6.56 ft.) to Infinity) / Program Auto: AF (W: Approx. 5cm (0.16 ft.) to Infinity, T: Approx. 200cm (6.56 ft.) to Infinity)
- Steady Shot Mode:Active : Yes
- Metering Modes : Multi Pattern / Center Weighted / Spot
- Exposure Compensation : Plus / Minus 2.0EV, 1 / 3EV step
- Scene Mode(s) : High Sensitivity / Soft snap / Soft Skin / Landscape / Night Portrait / Night Scene / Handheld Twilight / Gourmet / Beach / Snow / Fireworks / Pet mode /Anti-motion blur/Backlight Correction HDR / Advanced Sports Shooting
- ISO : Auto / 80 / 100 / 125 / 160 / 200 / 250 / 320 / 400 / 500 / 640 / 800 / 1000 / 1250 / 1600 / 2000 / 2500 / 3200 / 4000*4 / 5000*4 / 6400*4 / 8000*4 / 10000*4 / 12800*4
- White Balance Mode : Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Fluorescent 1 (White Fluorescent Lighting) / Fluorescent 2 (Natural White Fluorescent Lighting) / Fluorescent 3 (Day White Fluorescent Lighting) / Incandescent / Flash / One Push, One Push Set / White Balance Shift
- Red-Eye Reduction : Auto / On / Off
- Erase/Protect : Erase: Single / Select / Date / Folder / AVCHD Protect: Single / Select / Date / Folder / AVCHD
- Power Save Mode : Standard / Max / Off
Weights and Measurements
- Dimensions (Approx.) : W x H x D: 4 3/8” x 2 5/8” x 1 9/16” (108.1 x 63.6 x 38.3mm)
- Weight (Approx.) : 9.6oz (272g)
- Weight(Approx) (Main unit only) : 8.6oz (246g)
- Imaging Sensor : 1/2.3″ Exmor R® CMOS sensor
- Pixel Gross : 21.1 MP
- Effective Picture Resolution : 20.4 MP
- Color Filter System : RGB primary color filters
- LCD Type : 3.0″ Xtra Fine™ LCD (921K dots)
- Brightness Control : 5(Bright) / 4 / 3 / 2 / 1(Dark)
- Histogram : Yes(On/Off)
- Grid Display : Yes
- Self-timer : Off / 10sec. / 2sec. / portrait1 / portrait2
- Shutter Speeds : iAuto (4 – 1/4000) / Program Auto (1 – 1/4000) / Aperture Priority (8 – 1/2000) / Shutter Priority (30 – 1/4000) / Manual (30 – 1/4000)
- Burst Mode : Approx 10 fps at 20.4MP (Maximum 10 shots)
- Anti Motion Blur : Yes
- Sweep Panorama : Intelligent Sweep Panorama (360)
- Face Detection : 8 faces
- Smile Shutter™ technology : Yes
- Image Stabilization : Optical SteadyShot™ Image Stabilization with 3-way Active mode
- In-Camera Editing : Retouch / Trimming / Red Eye Correction / Unsharp Masking/Still image capture from Movie / Date view / Slideshow with Music / 3D Viewing Mode / BRAVIA Sync / Picture Effect (Watercolor, Illustration)
- Intelligent Auto : Yes
- Background Defocus : Yes
- Superior Auto : Yes
- Tracking Focus : Off / Auto
- Blink Detection : Yes
- Picture Effects : HDR Painting / Richtone Monochrome / Miniature / Toy camera / Pop Color / Partial color / Soft High-key / Watercolor / Illustration
- Battery Type : LITHIUM ION NP-BX1 3.6V
- Battery Capacity : 4.5Wh (1240mAh)
- Power Consumption (in Operation) : Approx. 1.2W
- Power Requirements : AC 100V to 240V, 50/60 Hz, 70mA
In the Box
- Micro USB cable
- Instruction Manual
- Rechargeable Battery Pack NP-BX1
- Shoulder Strap
- AC AdaptorAC-UB10
- Shoe Cap
Sony Cybershot DSC-HX50V Product Images
Sony UK Press Release
Sony Cyber-shot™ HX50: The World’s smallest, lightest camera with 30x zoom and advanced features
From round-the-world expeditions to family walks on a Sunday afternoon, the new Sony Cyber-shot™ HX50 camera gives every scene the colour, detail and clarity it deserves – even at high zoom. Boasting a 20.4MP sensor and built-in image stabilisation, the HX50 delivers beautifully vibrant photos and Full HD videos, even when you’re far from your subject. What’s more, it’s the world’s smallest, lightest1 digital still camera that packs a powerful 30x optical zoom range.
Packing really big features in a small body
While it’s tempting to rely on your smartphone, the HX50 gives photographers plenty of great reasons to invest in a dedicated pocket camera. Its wide-ranging optical zoom gives users more flexibility to pick their shooting position, while Optical SteadyShot gives peace of mind that image quality won’t be compromised. Even at 30x zoom, the HX50 now offers image stabilisation that’s twice as effective as the Cyber-shot™ HX200V2.
Powered by a 20.4-megapixel3 Exmor R CMOS sensor and BIONZ processor, the HX50 produces high-resolution, high quality images with exceptional low-light performance. Working at more than twice the speed of the Cyber-shot™ HX200V4 at full zoom, high-speed autofocus captures even the most fleeting moments for posterity. What’s more, integrated Wi-Fi lets you share those special memories quickly and easily with friends and family.
For more advanced photographers who like to fine-tune the details of a shot, there’s a dial to adjust exposure compensation plus a mode dial for other manual shooting settings such as P/A/S/M modes. There’s also a Multi Interface Shoe for attaching a compatible electronic viewfinder, flash or microphone for better video sound quality – the perfect match for the high quality video shooting of Full HD (50p) recording capability. Adding to the package is a Multi Terminal for using a remote controller, very useful for close-ups and movies.
Battery stamina is crucial when you’re travelling and don’t know where the next plug point will be found. The X-type lithium-ion battery in the Cyber-shot™ HX50 is smaller than any of its predecessors5, yet delivers 400 photos6 from a single charge.
Make your own movies
With more people shooting video alongside still photos, the HX50 delivers stunning results. It captures beautifully smooth Full HD movies (50p) that benefit from Optical SteadyShot (Active Mode)7 compensation for reduced camera-shake when you’re videoing on the move. Its compatibility with TRILUMINOS Colour technology means that footage can be enjoyed with rich, natural colours when viewed on any TRILUMINOS Display TV.
Ready to get a little more creative? The HX50 offers nine different picture effects8 to experiment with, giving those shots of the children an entirely new perspective. There are also three picture effects available in Intelligent Sweep Panorama mode9, plus four different movie effects10.