Ikelite is the first company announced a new underwater housing solution for Nikon D7100. The Nikon D7100 underwater housing is named as Ikelite 6801.71. Suggested petail price for Nikon D7100 underwater housing is $1,500. Ikelite 6801.71 underwater housing just announced and not available for pre-order yet.
Nikon D7100 Underwater Housing Key Features
- Superior flash control
Proprietary built-in TTL circuitry makes this the only housing for the Nikon D7100 that can actually improve your photos. Direct connect flash is the most reliable and efficient way to fire an external underwater strobe. The camera’s built-in flash does not need to fire, providing the extended battery life and no lag between exposures. Our circuitry allows direct communication between the camera and current Ikelite DS Substrobes* for the most accurate through-the-lens (TTL) metering control of an off-camera flash. Electrical bulkhead and TTL circuitry are provided standard and included in the base purchase price.
- Rather than reaching out to your external strobe, exposure with a current DS Substrobe can be adjusted quickly through the back of the housing using a large dial control. TTL mode provides four 1/3 f/stop increments over or under flash compensation to fine tune exposure. Or control strobe output completely through the back of the housing using one of the 7 manual power settings provided in half-stop increments.
- Ergonomic handling
Controls are provided for every camera function except the Diopter Adjustment Control and Depth-of-field Preview Button. Flash compensation with Ikelite DS Substrobes can be accessed conveniently through the housing with a large rear dial. Shutter, video recording start/stop, and a large zoom control knob can all be comfortably reached without removing your hands from the handles. Comfortable rubberized grips provide quick-release attachment points for strobes and accessories. The tray and handles may be removed from the housing for convenience in traveling. The complete housing is neutral or slightly negative in freshwater depending on choice of lens port.
- Reliable performance
A clear view of the camera and o-ring seals facilitates easy assembly and operation. Heavy-duty polycarbonate construction is durable and corrosion-free to ensure performance in even demanding conditions. Lens ports can be removed and replaced quickly with a simple positive locking system which provides visible assurance when the housing is assembled properly.
Nikon D7100 Underwater Housing Key Specs
- Access to all important camera functions
- True electrical TTL strobe exposure
- Comfortable rubber grips
- Glass optical viewfinder enhanced for underwater
- Visible o-ring seals
- Corrosion-proof solid body
- Ports available for most popular lenses
- Lens zoom gears included with housing
- 200ft (60m) depth rating
- Made by divers in the USA
All important camera functions are accessible
Controls are not provided for Diopter Adjustment Control, Depth-of-Field Preview Button
10.2in (259mm) including controls
6.9in (175mm) including controls
6.5in (165mm) including controls
5.9lb (2.7kg) without tray & handles
Slightly negative in freshwater
Ikelite digital TTL electrical bulkhead
12-24 thread with 3in spacing (76mm)
5020 Silicone lubricant in 4 1cc tubes
5512.69 O-Ring kit
0200.91 Housing body cap
9104.5 Electrical bulkhead cap