Blackmagic Design announced Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera. Pocket sized digital cinema camera includes powerful features such as Super 16mm sized 1080HD sensor, super wide 13 stops of dynamic range, built in SD card recorder for Apple ProRes.
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera uses a Super 16 imaging area (around 12.5 x 7.4mm – essentially a 16:9 crop of a 1″ sensor – a format for which high-speed sensors are available), and an ‘active’ Micro Four Thirds lens mount, giving full aperture control of native lenses. The camera can capture footage in Apple’s 10-bit 4:2:2 ProRes format Blackmagic promising to add the open, lossless CinemaDNG Raw standard later.
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Price
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera priced is – $995.00.
Where to Buy Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera
|B&H Photo Video||$995.00||Pre-Order|
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera Specifications
- Micro Four Thirds Lenses: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera lets you use the most incredible range of lenses. With the Super 16 size sensor you can use a wide range of adapters for film quality Super 16 lenses, or use commonly available low cost Micro Four Thirds lenses and more.
- Record to SD Cards: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features a built in SD card recorder that captures stunning ProRes 422 (HQ) and lossless compressed CinemaDNG files to fast SDXC cards. As an open format, it’s compatible with most popular NLE software so you get a digital camera that’s perfectly designed for post production workflows.
- Open File Format: Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera records into high quality ProRes 422 (HQ) and lossless compressed CinemaDNG files so you retain fine image detail with wide dynamic range for amazing images. One of the few cameras to support true open file formats, so you’re not locked into a strange file that your editing software can’t handle.
- Ultra Portable Design: The camera features a lightweight, elegant design that fits into your pocket. Produced from magnesium alloy for incredible strength, it includes a high resolution LCD for precise focusing and a built in SD recorder, so you get a complete solution without the need for expensive accessories.
- High Resolution Display: The extremely high resolution 3.5 LCD allows you to monitor while shooting and review recorded files on the SD card. The high resolution screen makes it easy to focus accurately and lets you zoom in to 1:1 size so you focus precisely every time.
- Professional Connections: The professional connections on the side include a micro HDMI out with optional overlays for easy on set monitoring. You also get a standard mini jack microphone input that’s compatible with common AV style microphones, plus a mini jack headphone socket for audio monitoring using headphones.
|Sensor Resolution||12.48mm x 7.02mm|
|Effective Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Shooting Resolutions||Lossless CinemaDNG RAW and Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) at 1920 x 1080|
|Frame Rates||23.98p, 24p, 25p, 29.97p, 30p|
|Dynamic Range||13 stops|
|Focus||Focus button turns on peaking|
|Iris Control||Iris button automatically adjusts the lens iris settings so no pixel is clipped in film mode. Scene average auto exposure in video mode.|
|Lens Mount||Active Micro Four Thirds lens mount|
|Screen Dimensions||3.5″ and 800 x 480 resolution.|
|Screen Type||Integrated LCD|
|Metadata Support||Automatic camera data and user data such as shot number, filenames and keywords.|
|Controls||4 way directional controller for navigating menus and entering metadata. Push buttons for recording and transport control.|
|Microphone||Integrated stereo microphone.|
|Speaker||Integrated mono speaker|
|Mounting Options||1 x 1/4″-20 UNC thread mounting point on top of camera. 1 x 1/4″-20 UNC thread tripod mount.|
|Storage Type||Removable SDXC, SDHC cards.|
|Storage Format||SD card can be formatted in either exFAT or HFS+|
|Storage Rates||220 Mbps using Apple ProRes 422 (HQ)|
|Compressed Recording Formats||Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) in QuickTime MOV, lossless CinemaDNG RAW. Recording in 1920 x 1080 with choice of Film or Video Dynamic Range.|
|HDMI Video Output||1 x Micro HDMI Type D output.|
|Analog Audio Input||1 x 3.5mm stereo audio.|
|Analog Audio Output||1 x 3.5mm stereo jack headphone output.|
|HDMI Audio Output||2 channels 48 kHz and 24 bit.|
|Remote Control||1 x 2.5mm LANC for Rec Start/Stop, Iris Control and Focus.|
|Software Included||DaVinci Resolve Lite grading software DVD for Mac OS X and Windows.|
|Supported Software Applications||Adobe Final Cut Pro, Adobe After Effects, Nuke – The Foundry, Adobe Photoshop, DaVinci Resolve.|
|Operating Systems||Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion or later.
Windows 7 or later.
|External Power||1 x 0.7mm DC Jack for power and battery charging.|
|Power||Removable, rechargeable Lithium Ion battery for EN-EL20, 12V-20V DC port for external power and battery recharging.|
|Battery Life||Approximately 1 hour of continuous recording time.|
|Battery Charge Time||Appoximately 1 hour 15 minutes when camera is off, and approximately 2 hours when in use.|
|Dimensions||128mm Wide x 38mm Thick x 66mm Height / 5″ x 1.5″ x 2.60|
|Weight||12.5 oz /355g|