Nikon announced new life series digital compact cameras at camera and photo imaging show (cp+ show) in Japan. Nikon has expanded their l-series Coolpix lineup with three new models.
The high-power zoom L820 with 30x optical zoom and a backside illumination CMOS sensor. The high pixel count L28 with a CCD sensor offering an effective pixel count of 20.1-million pixels. The L27 with automated functions that make taking pictures fun. Nikon is pleased to announce the release of 3 new entry-level cameras
TOKYO – Nikon Corporation is pleased to announce the release of three new COOLPIX L-series cameras—the COOLPIX L820, COOLPIX L28, COOLPIX L27—offering the simple operation and functions that make using a digital camera enjoyable.
The L820, equipped with a high-power zoom lens offering a built-in lens-shift vibration reduction (VR) function is the successor to the L810. With roughly the same compact size as the L810 (111 mm wide x 76.3 mm high x 84.5 mm deep)*, the L820 offers significantly improved specifications over its predecessor, including a backside illumination CMOS sensor with an effective pixel count of 16.0-million pixels, a 30x optical zoom NIKKOR lens covering the wide-angle 22.5 mm to super-telephoto 675 mm range of focal lengths (equivalent in 35mm  format), and a variety of functions, including full-HD movie recording. The L820 has inherited the most popular features of the L810, including the lens-shift vibration reduction (VR) function, the large and clear 3-in., approximately 921k-dot, wide viewing angle TFT LCD monitor with wide viewing angle, a shape with a comfortable grip, and the side zoom control for stable, simple, and enjoyable telephoto shooting.
As successor to the L26, the L28 is equipped with a CCD sensor offering a significantly higher effective pixel count—20.1-million pixels—than the L26. It is also equipped with features that make capturing high-quality images easy, including a 5x optical zoom NIKKOR lens that covers the range of focal lengths from the wide-angle 26 mm to 130 mm (equivalent in 35mm  format), a 3-inch TFT LCD monitor, and an HD movie recording function.
The L27 is the successor to the L25, and is equipped with a CCD sensor with an effective pixel count of 16.1-million pixels, a 5x optical zoom NIKKOR lens, a 2.7-inch TFT LCD monitor, and functions such as HD movie recording.
Both the L28 and L27 are designed to be easy to hold with rounded grips that emphasize the slimness of the camera bodies. As the L28 is available in four elegant colors—red, black, silver and pink, and the L27 in five colors including black, silver, red, white and decorative purple, each camera offers a color that will suit any personal preference.
L-series cameras are designed so that even those who have never used a digital camera before can easily capture beautiful photos. The cameras are equipped with advanced support functions, including Scene Auto Selector mode with which the user needs simply to point the camera at the intended subject and the camera automatically identifies the scene and applies the appropriate scene mode, Smart Portrait mode, with which the camera automatically captures beautiful portraits with very few mistakes, and an independent movie-record button for movie recording with the touch of a button. What’s more, they use readily available AA alkaline batteries (supplied/sold everywhere) that can be easily replaced should the batteries become exhausted, as well as third-party AA lithium batteries, which are lighter and have a longer life for capturing more photos. The cameras also support EN-MH2 rechargeable nickel metal hydride (Ni-MH) batteries (available separately), which can be used and charged repeatedly, and are capable of capturing a significantly larger number of shots than comparable alkaline batteries.
- *Excluding protrusions.
COOLPIX L820 Primary Features
- A 30x optical zoom NIKKOR lens that covers a broad range of focal lengths from wide-angle 22.5 mm through super-telephoto 675 mm (equivalent in 35mm  format)With roughly the same compact size as the L810 (111 mm wide x 76.3 mm high x 84.5 mm deep)*, the L820 is equipped with a NIKKOR lens offering significantly greater zoom power than the L810 (increased from 26x to 30x). Support for a wide range of focal lengths, from the wide-angle 22.5 mm to the super-telephoto 675 mm (equivalent in 35mm  format), the L820 is the perfect camera for capturing a variety of scenes, from landscapes and group shots to close-up portraits using the zoom. In addition, adoption of a lens-shift vibration reduction (VR) function enables telephoto shooting with much less concern for blur caused by camera shake.
- *Excluding protrusions.
- Backside illumination CMOS sensor with an effective pixel count of 16.0-million pixels that enables recording of still images and movies at high sensitivities with very little noiseThe camera is equipped with a backside illumination CMOS sensor with an effective pixel count of 16.0-million pixels. This sensor accumulates light more effectively and also offers superior high-speed processing performance. Low-light situations, such as indoor shooting or the recording of night landscapes have little effect on imaging performance with either still images or movies as the camera is equipped with functions such as Night Landscape scene mode, which utilizes advanced noise-reduction technologies and a function that creates a single image from two exposures.
- Function for recording 1920 x 1080 full-HD moviesHigh-quality, 1920 x 1080 full-HD movies with stereo sound can easily be recorded by simply pressing the camera’s movie-record button.
- Bright, high-resolution, 3-inch, approximately 921k-dot TFT LCD monitor with wide viewing angleThe L820 is also equipped with a large Clear Color Display. Monitor display is clear and bright, even outdoors under direct sunlight and indoors where reflected lighting is often problematic, making shooting, applying settings, and viewing images easy. In addition, the gamut used for the display is equivalent to the sRGB, which covers a broad range of colors.
- An elegant design that is also practicalThe L820 continues in the tradition of high-power zoom L-series models with the elegant design that has been so popular, yet is also more practical with a new grip shape for more stable shooting. This model is available in four popular colors—black, red, blue, and plum.
COOLPIX L28 Primary Features
- Equipped with a CCD sensor with an effective pixel count of 20.1-million pixels and a 5x optical zoom NIKKOR lensThe L28 is equipped with a CCD sensor with an effective pixel count of 20.1-million pixels for a significantly higher pixel count than its predecessor, the L26. It also offers a 5x optical zoom NIKKOR lens that covers the wide-angle 26 mm to 130 mm (equivalent in 35mm  format) range of focal lengths. This camera makes capturing everyday scenes, from group photos and snapshots to landscapes, easier than ever.
- A design that is both elegant and easy to useThe camera has been designed for both elegance and ease of use. The body is not only slim, but also offers a slightly rounded grip that is easier to hold for more steady shooting. Adoption of an aluminum lens ring, the application of body color to the lens barrel, and silver plated metal accents give the camera its elegant appearance. The L28 is available in four colors—red, black, silver and pink.
- Large and clear 3-in. TFT LCD monitorThe 3-inch TFT LCD monitor with anti-reflection coating built into the camera is clear and easy to see and more convenient, whether viewing photos or applying settings.
COOLPIX L27 Primary Features
- Equipped with a CCD sensor with an effective pixel count of 16.1-million pixels and a 5x optical zoom NIKKOR lensThe L27 is equipped with a CCD sensor with an effective pixel count of 16.1-million pixels that has been improved over that used in the L25. The extremely practical 5x optical zoom NIKKOR lens built into the camera covers the wide-angle 26 mm to 130 mm (equivalent in 35mm  format) range of focal lengths.
- Available in 5 colors, including a purple printIn addition to the more standard black, silver, red, and white color options, the L27 is also available in a purple print, bringing the available colors to a total of five. This means that there is a L27 to suit anyone.
- 2.7-in. TFT LCD monitor with anti-reflection coatingThe L27 is equipped with a 2.7-in. TFT LCD monitor with anti-reflection coating. This size is perfect for achieving a clear display that makes framing images in the monitor, reviewing images, and applying settings easy.
- Specifications, design, product name and supplied accessories may differ by country or area. Specifications and equipment are subject to change without any notice or obligation on the part of the manufacture.